Monday, June 30, 2008

5 MWE From the rest of the grind

The seat was too high. Lucky for me, though, the seat was on mud--so all I had to do was wait for it to sink. Her smell might have been what I expected. I had looked for rubber tubing but couldn't find it. The strawberries that we had fermented a little so we turned them into jam. The trailer we were in was silver and shaped like a pill. We went to colonial Williamsburg. This was when the sun was up. This was when the night was something I had to learn to see in. We had a cooler that had illegal things inside it. I spoke with everyone at the dinner table for three hours. Then, finally, exhausted, I asked them if I could leave. I put myself to bed, but I still heard them through my walls. I couldn't help but to pretend to still converse with them. I had the opposite of what must have been an imagined malady. I really was sick. I had to sick on the side of the interstate. I wondered who cut the grass. My grandfather in a large leather chair. He has a bed in his office, and I am under it. I am hiding. I hear them call him Dick. I would like to know if what I have seen will ever get me a profit. I would like to know what I have learned. That I am not ready to work outdoors should not be a revelation to you. The machine split logs hydraulically.

Both of his parents were from Arkansas. His father woke him at three in the morning to practice the piano. He should have done it earlier. His idea was that we would clean windows in rich neighborhoods. We would ask a dollar for each one. His idea was that we would breed German shepherds. His idea was that we would hide a camera in plants to catch who had been stealing from us. Her response came to me much too quickly. I wondered what, for once, made her respond to me in what I thought was the normal time. I dug a trench around myself. I was unsure as to what I should eat. I had never seen what was on the plate in front of me. Her chest was a plate. I was too small to operate the vehicle. I was not strong enough to operate the vehicle. I very much regret having rented out the lower pasture to the snowmobile concern. She is known in the area for taking people to court. She is one to step in the green excrement of geese. She brought me to the lake and expected me to get in. The water was cold. The bottom, slimy. I was much too young to know how to operate anything set on the more adult settings. The deck overlooked the woods. We rode in the back of a 1950s Mercedes convertible. My favorite was when they threw rocks at us in it. I wondered how long it would take to become proficient in the manner of speaking I wanted to learn. These words would stink.

She wore an old softball tshirt and a dress. She tucked the shirt into her dress and she was number fifteen--a powerful number in the kabbala but not in the batter's box. She was afraid of whatever came from another human being. Each human was being rude. Each human was being stubborn. Each one was on the road but wasn't buying anything. There were stalls, and each one had a different vegetable to buy. He put his hand roughly on my neck and asked me what to think. There was another hand in my armpit. One on the back of my neck. One on my arm. When my bed was invaded by him, I looked out the window and saw what must have been an alarm on the side of a bank. Both the sidewalk and the street had snow on it. No marks in the snow. It was sidereal. It was of the stars. The park was so vast, and I was stuck in it for so long, I eventually had to learn how to read the stars. I spent much time in the park. A man played with his dog in the park. I watched a man play with his dog in the park. He would bounce a blue ball, and the dog would catch it. This happened repeatedly, but then something unusual happened. The dog lunged for the ball and then fell to the ground. The man leaned over his dog. He put one had on the dog's chest to pin the creature to the ground. With his other hand, he reached into the dog's mouth. I saw him leave the dog and run to our house. He knocked on our door, and Mother answered. He asked her if he could borrow a kitchen knife.

No comments: