Thursday, June 5, 2008

5 MWE 06.05.08

Very little. He was not excitable or edgy. He did not have bandy legs or ones with knobs on their sides. He was not an example. He was not impassioned or infected with anything. He sank too far into a couch. Someone spoke to him, someone with a face slicked with acne. He was not ready to participate in commerce. Half of the town had been built up--the rest was in the process of being built. Take a right and three lefts and you will miss the church. We got there early--when the trumpeter was still practicing. There were five women in dresses and five men under some pews. This was not when anything happened rapidly. In the sun was her lunch. Her lunch had been made for her and left in the sun. She was not animated, though she could grasp whatever it was she wanted. I shared a room with my mother's cousin. As I tried to go to sleep, he assured me that my mother had been beautiful. Earlier that night, I had driven down a hill to see a dark horse with a white head. I found later that I had walked on the wrong side of the road. And yet I am the one who still has fiery flux.

My family, this farrago. There are the three ruined maple trees, but we do not get rid of them though they are sick. I was told that a man had a piece of metal pipe. He sharpened one end of it. He captured someone--put this person down with chloroform. He stripped this person of his clothes and laid this man on a floor. Then, what he would do is take the sharpened end of his pipe and sink it into the unconscious man's naked chest. He sunk the sharpened end of it, and it went down into this man. It was an instrument with its edges sinking into some dough. He sunk the end in--it had a plug of skin in it--and then he raised the pipe to his lips. He pushed air through it and shot the skin plug across the room and against a wall. This was all there was to do when the maple trees got sick. Allow the neighbors to hunt turkeys. Allow tourists to ride snowmobiles. Allow someone else to rent the south end of the property to experiment with growing grapes. Found animals I didn't expect in the tree. Found things tied to sticks.

A constant fascinator. The three storms in the area will overlap. In the library, there were three busts, but I cannot remember who of. There was a desk reserved for someone. They had the book sale on the roof--a gimmick. The one road met two--merging became tricky. What it was was not legal. I would like to go for a walk before I think about what I have done. No, my character is unready. My character is unlovely. I do not remember whether or not any of my classmates passed anything. Some of them could have been buried. Others were probably familiar with eel eating and lying to whoever was the newest one to ask a question. They found him in the reservoir. They found a wire about his wrist. They found wire in his mouth. His ears were so close to his head--they looked as if someone pressed them there, but no one did. She has not the energy to argue today. I can usually expect an amount of yellow to come out of her mouth. Then green. But not today. Her father embarrassed her by drawing. He was never around except when he drew things. He was what they called an "operator." With it, with her compassion, she went through some weeds. The point was to go through the weeds first and then the ferns. No one could have guessed that the camera was on. My head was not full of much but frenetics.

No comments: