Thursday, July 3, 2008

5 MWE a biscuit placed

An excitable child. One of them was obese and had a skin disease. She missed a few days. First, he told me he was from New York. Then Connecticut. He let me into his house to show me his dog. He had sealed it in a cardboard box. I had trouble getting out of the driveway. I was to take the three of them to the open pool hour that night. There was a child. There was an animal. We killed a wild pig. We shot a donkey first and left it in a ditch. Then, wild pigs came to tear it apart. After that, it was easy to leave a car idling while we got into a yelling session. My point was that no one should have taken a picture. To me, it was obvious that that was the wrong thing to do. She had a lankness. A leanness. I slipped and fell on my hip. I ruined the bottom of my car by going over the construction too fast. My father bought a sailboat that seemed to be made of styrofoam. We took it out on a day that was too windy. Capsized nearly right away. I found a broken car in the forest. I helped him move his books from his college office to his electricityless shack two-hundred miles upstate. He often made fun of the way I spoke. I shelved books on the first floor only to be painted green.

Wretched. Not allowed to act. Left to lift the heavy stones. Left to dispose of the grills. They sat out and sang the songs they knew. The one child had awful dandruff, and the other children encouraged him to wildly scratch his head. It was easy to moisten the kitchen rag, wind it up, and use it as a whip. What animals were out there? There were bears and salamanders. Centipedes. The child was bitten by a spider. A spider bit the child. The child's flesh decayed. Such a creature should never be released near a river tainted with dye used in the coloring of vests. The vest had a patch on its breast. We wore vests when we went to the meeting. The first thing we were supposed to recount was a tragedy. What had happened was that I had pushed another child into a canal. He came up for an instant--covered with mud and with an eel around his neck--before he was pulled by the suck back down. The thread used in the vests was gold and silver. The dye from all this ran off into the river. If a child were to drink the water, then she would probably look for the tree that has a painted white line in its branches. That is how high the flood got up over one-hundred years ago.

He had the saur about him--something huge. Something with stippled skin brought about from too much leathering. The party took place on a first floor. Most of the people looked for a back deck but never found it. She--a monster--could have been tricked into buying a moped. The seat of the moped flipped back and revealed a compartment. An unregistered pistol. An amethyst. A geode not yet split--a thunderegg. I am not one to suffer fools, she told me. I asked her where she first heard that expression. She looked insulted. I told her that I did not mean to insult her. I simply wanted to know where she had first heard that expression. She turned away from me, and I saw that she had a knot of veins raised on the back of one of her calves. That detail made me want to grab the metal instrument and bury it where no professional would be sure to find it. I told her that I do not suffer fools well. I told her that I do not suffer fools if they are asking me to join them on a lake trip. I told her that I do not suffer fools when they show me their back molars and ask me if I see anything infected or sparkling. She said she had never taken an English class. Much more interested in pathogens. Well, do not allow my presence to be pathogenic, I told her. I was a suffering fool, and I could see that she was about to reject my presence.

No comments: