Saturday, August 6, 2011

7 MWE: The bedding, the bloodletting

He squats in his garden and pulls out weeds. He accidentally pulled a carrot before it was ready. He accidentally pulled a beet. In the newspaper, he read that there would be an auction of the things of people who had storage areas but who didn't pay for their storage areas. His goal was to kiss a crow on the beak. He was told his life would be awful until he kissed a crow on the beak, so he went about trying to tame them. His hemoglobin told him that he wasn't much without his mother. His hemoglobin told him that he wouldn't be much if he tried his hand at technical writing. He wouldn't be much. She was missing a tooth. It was a distracting tooth. She wasn't missing a front one or a back one. She was missing one in between. It made him think she was a horse. That's where the bit could be slipped in.

Some froth around the bit. The horse had frothed a little around its bit. She was inhuman. She had him eat turmeric. They put turmeric in everything because they believed it had some sort of property. Retching on the seat of his country, she found that yesterday the wretched etching in the market could have been a bird's wing but instead it tithed for the right money yes I am not happy in my plot to leak all the water out of the bush in the road with the funk on the model watching your favorite rocket scream across the sky only to walk on the balls of your feet with all your tubular boisterous finality of a juggler who does not know a rod will be implanted in his neck so that he can look only down. He can only look down. Only he can look down.

Moppy rides in the car with her mother. Her mother drives. As her mother drives, she eats some yogurt she had made. The mother loves to make yogurt. She loves to talk about how easy it is and how it was her grandmother who gave her mother a yogurt culture. And then her mother gave her her yogurt culture, and that's the culture she uses to make her yogurt. And then she will give her yogurt culture to Moppy, and Moppy will be the one to eat yogurt. But Moppy does not like yogurt. "You will," he mother says. Moppy's mother drives. Moppy does not like yogurt, but she likes carrying around a candle. For years now, she has carried a lit candle wherever she goes. She has to carry the candle, and the candle has to be lit. She wears tall socks, and tucked in these socks, she keeps a couple of extra candles. She also has books and boxes of matches. She has books of matches. The matches are waxed paper. She has boxes of matches. The matches are wood. She has long kitchen matches. Moppy carries around her candles. Some candles she has can last over 24 hours. These candles give her some relief. Other candles she has last only an hour or so. She always carries a candle. Her mother drives. She has a candle. Her mother eats yogurt and talks about yogurt. Her mother becomes quiet. Moppy doesn't notice this at first because she is busy cupping her hand around her candle. Her mother has her window cracked.

The gory grit. The earthworm. The bostonian with the lisp. He cut off her braid. She had a french braid. The dendrites were gilt. The barrel was lit on fire, and we dared each other to stand in it. Stand in the lit barrel. It was a metal drum with a fire in it. How long can you hold your head in it. In order to make it on the handball team, you had to see how long you could hold your head in a flaming metal drum.

I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding. I was honored. I was honored and excited to wear the dress. I was honored, but I told her I would not be at the wedding. When I went to the wedding, I saw a python. The python made me remember when I wore a dress. My mother told me to take it off because she said I shouldn't wear dresses. Reaching for a dress, I felt something inside me rip. I ripped through my inheritance. Good riddance to a one-million dollar inheritance. I went through it. I went to a gorge. I wanted to get to the bottom of the gorge. To get to the bottom of the gorge, I had to take a metal cage that was a kind of outdoor elevator. It was attached to what looked like winches and gears and oversized bike chains. I waited in line to get in the cage. The cage could hold only five people, and there must have been thousands of us in the line. I waited to get in the cage. When I got to the front of the line, the cage operator asked me to get out of the line. He wanted to speak with me. He said that he was certain that the two of us had met at a beach park. We had spent the day with each other, he said. He said that, at the end of our date, we ended up sitting at night in a beach park. We both sat on a bench and kissed. Then, he said, to his surprise, I put myself on top of him. He put his hands on my hips, and I took his hands off. We made sand drip castles. We took wet sand to the road. We were given the task of guarding a tree. We were told not to let anyone eat any of the fruit off the tree. It was a mango tree--only, in all of its mangoes, there were gifts. We were told that if we made it through July by not allowing anyone to take any of the fruit, we would be rewarded.

The child never ate vegetables in the house, but when we were outside in the garden, he would eat vegetables. He would eat tomatoes off the plant--at least 20 tomatoes he'd eat. He'd eat raw kale. I hated his kale breath. He often would eat kale and then want to kiss me.

No comments: