Tuesday, September 16, 2008

5 MWE crowbait for the corpses and sad flags

Your carping. The pool was full of carp. Someone went off the bridge because he had thought he saw a baby in the river. The bridge had wrinkles in it. Things we could not get out--even if we put cars upside down. Now the pains of the relationship are in a shrub. I went to the southeast side of it to see if I could see other islands on the horizon. Nothing. I could see the reefs and animals they house. What was it but a prank? He came out of his room, stinking of the arcade. He had wooden soles on his boots and wooden palms on his gloves. He carved a wooden nose for himself because he was ashamed of how porous his nose was. He wanted one that, instead, was grained.

I am little if not exploitative. Give me a 500 dollar check, and watch me not cash it. Watch me exploit all that I can. Watch me do but little because I cannot see the toothpicks for the crates. The carp in the pond. The snakes underneath the door in the grass. Stomp on the door and flatten the snakes. He has written many essays about the preservation of nature, and yet he asked me to dump trash in his woods. The Nash Airflyte--perfect for sleeping in. I have exploited all that I can. My father made the mistake of putting me in his will. He should have known that all my letters to him were cobbled out of language I cannot take foolishly. I made them all to appear as little flames. I was an embarrassment. A let-down. Something that should be remembered like a handprint in clay, in concrete. I never wanted to portion our time together into one long remembrance. I changed my name to Had, then Agnus, then Thickset. It never really warranted my hoping to knock out my teeth. The dock had decayed.

She circumvolved while her sister slept. The dock had decayed. Instead of there being planks to walk on and posts for support, there were but posts. Just a bunch of posts coming out of the water. So she jumped from one post to another, pretending she was improving her balance. She did this. Jumped from post to post. But then she jumped to a post but just missed--came up short. She didn't land with her foot square on the post. Instead, just her toes hit, and she came up short. Her toes missed, bent back, broke. As she fell down, her top teeth hit the post and the top of her jaw was pushed to where her forehead might have been. The rink, the show, the theatre. We were on a rink, rollerskating. We did not have the patience to rent abstract animals for even a second. Her perkiness was more of a conceit. Her thoughtfulness was troubled because she could not control it with her hands. It was more of something she indicated with the reddening of her throat. Make some noise to conceal what you aren't doing. If the meal is conjoined, then you have to use knives to share it.

No comments: