Monday, February 9, 2009

dousing
hail
toy boat
skies
get better
uncover
island
vessel
balls

We needed a vessel for all the balls we had. We went outside because we thought it was raining. We did not get doused because, really, it wasn't raining. It was hailing. The sputterer went on and on about how he hates that hail is always the size of something. Walnut-sized. Fist-sized. Baseball-sized. Marble-sized. He went on and on. He grew moustaches on the side of his head.

She made a toy boat for herself. Then she made another one. Then she took the one sky and multiplied it until there were hundreds of them. Smoked dope behind a Dumpster. This is when she uncovered her doll's breast, only to reveal a compartment with balls in it. The doll was a vessel for balls. I went to an island for a medical vacation. I could have had the operation in the States, but, for the same price, I learned I could go to an island--get my operation from someone who was almost a doctor--and get a vacation in the bargain. In the days leading up to my surgery, I would be able to lounge. I would be able to get sand in my crevices. I would be able to backfloat on the ocean and wait for any of my three children to swim up to me. They would want to know if I wanted to come back in. And how long until we get to fly the kites?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a burning desire to know how you choose the words in the lists at the top of these posts. My gut tells me that you're using some kind of random process. I want to know, if you are using a random process, if you have stipulations, like each list of words must include a specific number of different parts of speech, in order to make the block of text you're connecting the words in below take a specific form. "Get better" would be difficult to work with, I think. Also, I really miss you Elliott.